Recipe Focus: Spicy Carrot and Coriander Fritters
We’re big fans of eating in season here at Creamline, so what better time than to dig in to some delicious carrots? These orange veggies are not often the star of a meal, but we’ve got a recipe that will change that!
Rich in vitamin A and K, the benefits of carrots are endless. Read on for a recipe that’s sure to make them the star of your dish.
6 , trimmed and washed
3-4 , both green and white parts, sliced
A handful fresh , roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
2 large free-range , beaten
1 tbsp or so plain flour
50g freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 , zest only
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Grate the carrots in a food processor, then place into a large bowl with the spring onions, as much coriander as you like and the orange zest.
2. Add in the eggs and the flour to bind everything together, followed by the Parmesan cheese and double cream.
3. Stir it well, seasoning to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Heat a large frying pan, add in the rapeseed oil and form the mixture into thin fritters, so they will cook quickly.
5. Fry for 4-6 minutes until golden-brown on both sides. Serve straight away, scattered with more coriander.crec