In season recipe focus: Spicy Steamed Cod with Ginger and Spring Onions
The ultimate Asian-inspired dinner – and just what we need now the weather has turned this week in Greater Manchester!
This healthy, punchy and fragrant spicy steamed cod dish is sure to be a firm family favourite. Make the most of the fresh shredded spring onions whilst they’re at their best – May is the seasonal peak for the delicious veg.
200g broccoli, blanched florets
360g chunky cod loin, skinned and diced
20g fresh ginger, peeled, finely shredded
1 bunch spring onions, finely shredded
100g cooked rice
1 lime, cut into wedges
1 bunch fresh coriander
Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Cut a large rectangle of foil, big enough to make a large envelope.
- Place the broccoli on the foil, followed by the cod, then the ginger.
- Pour over the extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold over the foil, seal the 3 edges and place on a baking tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then open the parcel and scatter the spring onions.
- Serve with rice, lime juice and fresh chopped coriander.