Creamline Dairies ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Creamline Dairies of Mellors Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1PB.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.creamline.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information and browser type and version.
- information about your visit, including clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Anonymous, pseudonymous or de-identified data
We may pseudonymise your data through a technique called "hashing".
We may use pseudonymised data with our partners (such as Facebook) to find additional potential customers for our products and services by finding people with similar preferences. These partners will keep the data secure and will only use such data for the purpose for which we provide it to them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to provide you with offers, competitions, marketing materials and other promotional materials, both online and through other marketing channels, such as third party social networks, like Facebook;
- to assist us in finding other potential customers similar to you (but we would never disclose your data in doing so to any of those customers);
- to send you information or content you have requested and develop relevant advertising material for you which will be viewable when you visit the Site or other websites across the Internet;
- to communicate with you and investigate any complaints.
- to perform market research, data analytics and data appends. To accomplish some of these tasks, we may enhance or append other data collected from or about you to the information we possess;
- to ensure that as an existing customer you are not included on proposed marketing campaigns aimed at attracting new customers;
- to protect against fraud, unauthorised transactions, security issues, claims and other liabilities and manage risk exposure and quality;
- to verify whether you have had a previous account with us to prevent fraudulent take-up of our offers;
- to provide customer support and diagnostic assistance, for instance, by analysing the Information, our Service’s integration with other platforms and the contact information and other materials you submit to us;
- to associate an email address that you have provided to us with previous browsing and purchase experiences. We may be able to make this connection whether you are logged on or not and we will know whether you receive email alerts and will be able to associate this with any other contact information you may have given us;
- to create hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising. Facebook matched the uploaded information to your profile, without revealing your identity to the advertiser.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
If you have elected to unsubscribe from marketing communications we will keep a record of this and ensure that we include your email address on suppression lists to ensure that we do not contact you with marketing communications.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We may share your data:
- With trusted service providers, to perform or assist us in performing any of the functions listed in Uses of the Information, for instance (without limitation) to assist us with email delivery, customer and technology support, hosting services, fraud prevention and marketing, data enhancement, advertising and market research services.
- If you refer a new customer to us or you sign up as a result of a referral, we may share your first name and first initial of your surname with the referred person or person making the referral as set out in the referral program details.
- We also provide analyses of our customers in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We do this so that we and our business partners can understand our customers better and so we can keep bringing you first-rate services. We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, statements made by our customers such as comments or feedback we receive on our products or Services.
- We may share your feedback or comments. If you post anything to this site or through the services that can be viewed by the general public, we may share that with third parties.
- We may use third-party Web analytics Services on the Site, such as those of Google Analytics. We may also share certain information about you and the device you use to access the Services in order to deliver tailored advertising.
We may share your Information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Creamline Dairies or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
These terms were most recently updated on 17th July 2019.