In season recipe focus: Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
This delicious, healthy and hearty fresh roasted sweet potato dish is certainly not your average salad! Making the most of sweet potatoes as they come to the end of their seasonal best, this recipe also brings in spring onions as a hero ingredient, just as they come into their own.
Ideal for your weekly lunchtime meal prep, it makes a fantastic meat-free meal too.
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tbsp Kalamata first pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 200g baby leaf spinach
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion
- Juice of two lemons or limes
- 1 pink blush apple
- 1 avocado
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / gas mark 5.
- Place sweet potato chunks into a large bowl, toss with Kalamata first pressed extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes or until cooked, then remove from the oven and allow the chunks to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling, in a separate bowl add the chopped spinach, chopped onion, chopped apple, lemon juice and spring onions.
- Once cooled, add the sweet potato chunks to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Finally, gently stir in the chopped
avocado and season with salt and ground pepper to taste, then store in the
fridge until ready to serve