Loaded Chilli Sweet Potato Fries
This Loaded Chilli Sweet Potato Fries recipe is perfect for rainy,
chilly nights when you want to snuggle up with a cosy yet nourishing dish. Sweet
potato fries fresh from the oven, a hearty spoonful of warming chilli, salsa, a
dollop of yogurt and avocado slices – it doesn’t get much more comforting than
Crafted by one of our favourite local food recipe creators,
SpamellaB, this recipe is simple to follow but the end result is super tasty. Not
to mention, leftovers taste divine the next day!
Grab the ingredients you need from our Best of Local range by clicking here and enjoy free doorstep delivery.
- First make the chilli: Heat the oil in a large pan then add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add in the minced steak and use a spoon to break up, stirring well until starting to brown. Add in the spices and herbs, then the pepper and mushrooms. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the passata and tomato puree (and beans, if using) plus the seasoning, then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, parboil the sweet potato fries for 5 minutes then drain well. Mix together the fries, oil and seasoning then place on a baking tray - spread out well - and bake at 190C for 15 minutes until golden and soft.
- Make the salsa: Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Once the fries are golden and the chilli has cooked, serve out the fries in a bowl then add a generous portion of chilli on top. Spoon over some yogurt, salsa, a few slices of avocado - and enjoy!