Thinking greener this World Environment Day
Today marks World Environment Day, a day which is receiving more and more focus in recent times. The day was founded by the United Nations, as an initiative to encourage awareness and inspire action when it comes to protecting the environment. Marked for over 40 years, World Environment Day is now recognised in over 100 countries around the world. 2019’s focus is on air pollution, from households, industry, transport and more.
Here at Creamline, it’s no secret that we’re always striving to be as environmentally friendly as possible, and to encourage our customers to do the same. In this week’s blog post, we’re looking at just some of ways in which we’re doing this, from our glass bottle initiative to the way we work:
- For over 70 years, glass bottled milk has been at the heart of our business. Our bottles are reusable, and the foil lids are recyclable, and are an easy, eco-friendly alternative to plastic milk bottles. Since Blue Planet, we’ve seen a huge upturn in our glass bottled milk deliveries, something we’re very proud of!
- Much of our produce is delivered on the back of electric milk floats, which are clean, quiet and much more energy efficient for our stop/start deliveries.
- Our milk is sourced from within a 30-mile radius of our dairy – which means less food miles!
- In a similar way, our Best of Local produce is supplied by local, often family-owned companies ensuring we’re supporting business in the area.
- Our plastic-free icon is one of our latest initiatives, flagging items on the website which are completely free of plastic packaging, so you can be confident in what you are ordering.
- If left out with your empty glass bottles, our Best of Local cardboard boxes can be collected and recycled.
Watch this space for more green initiatives from us – it won’t stop here. If World Environment Day has inspired you to make the switch to glass bottles, head here to sign up today.