Warm Mushroom SaladAn easy-to-make lunchtime treat, this warm mushroom salad is great for days when you don’t feel like a heavy meal and counts to your five a day.
1 tablespoon olive oil
150g sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
2½ tablespoons olive oil
2½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Little gem lettuce
1) Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
2) Add mushrooms and cook, stirring until they are soft. Continue cooking until the juices from the mushrooms have reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
3) Stir in the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper until evenly blended.
4) Turn the off heat and let the mushrooms sit in the pan until they are just warm.
5) Wash and prepare the rocket, little gem and basil leaves into a serving bowl and add the warm mushroom mixture. Serve immediately.