Traditional Baked Rice Pudding with Apple and SultanasThe ultimate comfort food recipe, try this delicious baked rice pudding – a perfect dish for a cosy family gathering.
2 pints full fat milk
140g pudding rice
60g caster sugar
30g diced butter
2 large Bramley apples, peeled, cored and large diced
Ground nutmeg (Optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 140°C
2) Butter a large ovenproof dish.
3) Bring milk to a simmer in a saucepan.
4) Stir in rice and sugar. Pour the milk and rice mixture into the ovenproof dish. Top with the diced butter and sprinkle with nutmeg to taste.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Stir the pudding halfway through baking and adding the diced apples and sultanas.
6) Continue baking the pudding until all the milk is absorbed and you have a golden baked pudding.