Sultana, Orange & Cinnamon Fruit BreadDelicious with a cup of tea or as a breakfast treat, this fruit bread is packed with flavour and can be toasted and served with butter.
150g wholemeal flour
360g strong white bread flour
7g dried yeast
3g ground cinnamon
1 whole orange, juice and zest
1) Combine the dry ingredients and orange zest in a large bowl.
2) Add the water and orange juice a little at a time, using spatula to mix the ingredients until you have a sticky dough.
3) Leave the dough to rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
4) Knead the dough on a floured surface and place it into a greased loaf tin. Leave the loaf to rise again until it has reached the top of the tin.
5) Bake at 230°C for approximately five minutes then 180°C for 30 minutes.
6) When the fruit loaf is cooked it will sound hollow if you gently tap the base of it.
7) Leave the loaf to cool for an hour or so before cutting.
For a tasty treat slice and toast the loaf and serve it with a little butter.