Spicy Steamed Cod with Ginger and Spring Onions
This delectable hotpot is the perfect crowd pleaser, with delicious root vegetables and expertly prepared beef from Little Pigs butchers!
3 tbsp vegetable oil
400g casserole beef, chopped
1 onion, sliced
1 tbsp flour
600ml beef stock or water
295g Pomodoro basilico tomato & basil Sauce
500g sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1) Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan and brown the beef.
2) Once browned, remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
3) Pour 1 more tbsp of the oil into the pan and add the sliced onion, chopped carrots and parsnip. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the veg is softened and golden in colour.
4) Return the beef to the pan and stir in the flour, beef stock or water and pomodoro basilico tomato and basil sauce.
5) Simmer gently for 30 minutes then carefully pour the mixture into a 1.5lt casserole dish.
6) Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
7) Top the hotpot off with an even layer of sweet potato slices, brush with the remaining oil and cover with a lid.
8) Cook in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, until the beef is tender.