Spicy Parsnip SoupHelping use Sunday roast leftovers, this spicy parsnip soup will help warm you up on a chilly day.
1 large onion, fine diced
2 large parsnips, peeled and diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1lt vegetable or chicken stock
2 tsp mild curry powder
100ml double cream
Salt and pepper
Fresh coriander, chopped
1) Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2) Fry the diced onion in the butter until soft and then add the parsnips, garlic and curry powder. Fry all the ingredients over a low heat for a couple of minutes to release all the flavours then add the stock to pan and stir well.
3) Simmer the soup for 15 minutes until parsnips are soft. Off the heat blend the soup with a hand mixer or food processor until smooth.
4) Stir in the cream and season with the salt and pepper.
5) Serve with a sprinkle of paprika and chopped coriander.