Spicy carrot and coriander frittersQuick and easy to make, these carrot and coriander fritters help spice up a Sunday lunch and make delicious leftovers for supper
6 carrots, trimmed and washed
3-4 spring onions, both green and white parts, sliced
a handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
2 large free-range eggs, beaten
1 tbsp or so plain flour
50g freshly grated parmesan cheese
20ml double cream
1 orange, zest only
salt and freshly ground black pepper
30ml rapeseed oil
1) Grate the carrots in a food processor, then place into a large bowl with the spring onions and as much coriander as you like and the orange zest.
2) Add in the eggs and the flour to bind everything together, followed by the Parmesan cheese and double cream.
3) Stir it well, seasoning to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4) Heat a large frying pan, add in the rapeseed oil and form the mixture into thin fritters, so they will cook quickly.
5) Fry for 4-6 minutes until golden-brown on both sides. Serve straight away, scattered with more coriander.