Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Couscous
A delicious, healthy Mediterranean medley. It makes an ideal lighter dinner option, or you could even try this recipe as a side to a larger meal- it’s sure to be a winner either way!
1 sweet potato
1 Spanish onion
1 red pepper, seeds removed
1 red chilli pepper, finely diced with or without the seeds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Kalamata first pressed extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5.
2) Chop the aubergine, sweet potato, Spanish onion and red pepper into small pieces. Place the chopped vegetables on a roasting tray, cover with the Kalamata extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic and chopped chilli.
3) Bake the vegetables in the oven for 30 minutes.
4) Just before the vegetables are finished baking, prepare the vegetable stock with 75ml of boiling water, then pour over the couscous and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
5) When the couscous is ready, fluff it up with a fork, add the roasted vegetables and garnish with fresh basil leaves.