No Churn Hot Cross Bun Ice CreamA perfect treat for pure indulgence or just a good way to use left over hot cross buns at Easter time! This ice cream recipe, created especially for Creamline by The Cheshire Cookery School, is sure to be a favourite this Easter.
4 eggs, separated
100g / 4oz caster sugar
300ml double cream
50g chocolate chips for extra richness should you choose!!
1. Tear up the hot cross buns into small pieces and put on a baking tray. Bake in the oven until lightly toasted.
2. Put half of the toasted buns into the double cream and let it infuse the flavours into the cream.
3. Leave the other half of the toasted bun mixture to cool.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks.
5. Whisk in a tablespoon of the caster sugar at a time. Continue to whisk until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
6. Strain the cream through a sieve and discard the bits of bun.
7. Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks
8. Fold the cream, egg yolks and toasted cool bun and chocolate chips in to the meringue mixture until well combined.
9. Pour into a plastic container and freeze for at least two hours at which point you can then enjoy this heavenly delight!