Goan Spiced Salmon with Raita
This tasty spice rub works well with both fish and chicken and can be served with salad leaves and the raita, for a deliciously healthy meal. For a larger serving, add new potatoes or rice to your serving of salmon.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
For the Salmon:
360g fresh salmon fillets
¼ teaspoon each of ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon
1 lime, zest and juice
100g rocket salad leaves
For the Raita:
150g Longley Farm natural yogurt
3cm piece cucumber, finely chopped
Small handful of coriander
Small handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1) Combine all the ingredients and set aside.
Goan Spiced Salmon
1) Mix all the spices together
2) Heat the frying pan to a high heat
3) Rub the salmon all over with the spices and sprinkle with half the lime zest and juice
4) If your fish has skin, then place it skin side down and fry the fish for about 4 minutes, then turn. You will see the salmon change colour as it cooks through.
5) Once turned, reduce the heat and cook for another 4 minutes.
6) Sprinkle with remaining lime zest and juice.