Cheshire Rarebit Breakfast MuffinsThis hearty rarebit muffins recipe has been created especially for Creamline by The Cheshire Cookery School. We love this gourmet take on breakfast on the run – and the muffins are packed with energy-giving protein.
- 115g self-raising flour
- 25g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- ¼ level tsp mustard powder
- 50g strong cheese, half grated, half cubed
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 75g Greek yogurt
- 60 ml milk
- 1/2 egg
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Place muffin cases into muffin tins.
- In a large bowl mix all the ‘dry’ ingredients together
(self-raising and plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cheese, oil, yogurt,
milk, egg and Worcestershire sauce, creating a ‘wet’ mixture.
- Next fold the ‘wet’ mixture into the ‘dry’ mixture with a
metal spoon until well combined.
- Divide between the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Remove and cool slightly on a rack.
This is a great ‘breakfast on the go’ recipe
which goes down well with children and adults alike!