Banana Bread and Butter Pudding with Pecan NutsAn indulgent recipe for days when you’re in need of a sweet treat, this banana bread and butter pudding makes a show stopping pud.
1pt full-fat milk
50g butter, melted
50g golden syrup
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
50g pecan nuts (optional)
4 free-range eggs
½ tsp vanilla essence
6 slices white bread, quartered
maple syrup, drizzle (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 170°C
2) Combine the milk, eggs, golden syrup and vanilla essence. Stir together and strain through a sieve into a pouring jug.
3) Butter an oven proof dish and layer the bread and sliced banana, sprinkling the pecan nuts and finishing with bread as the top layer.
4) Pour the prepared egg custard liquid over the bread and bananas and allow this to settle for 10 minutes.
5) Melt the butter in a small pan or microwave and drizzle the butter over the dish.
6) Bake the pudding in preheated oven until set in the centre (for approximately 20/30 minutes).
7) Serve the pudding warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.