Cheesy Baked AvocadosProof that sometimes the simplest of dishes are the most delicious! Try this cheesy baked avocado recipe as a side to a larger meal, or serve with a garden salad to hit your five a day.
1 clove garlic, grated
100g sun-dried tomatoes, drained of most of their oil and roughly chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
100g Cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
200g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
To serve 2 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Squeeze lemon juice
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2) Halve the avocados and remove the stone. With a spoon, scoop out a little of the flesh to make the hole a bit bigger. Place the scooped-out flesh into a bowl along with the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano and half of the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
3) Place the avocado halves on a baking tray. Spoon the tomato and pine nut mixture into the hollows in the avocado halves, distribute it as evenly.
4) Place the cherry tomatoes, still on their vines, onto the baking tray alongside the avocados. Drizzle everything with a little olive oil and a grind of black pepper all over followed by the remaining grated cheddar cheese, then put in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the vine tomatoes start to split and spill their juices and the cheese becomes golden brown.
5) While the avocados are baking, chop the parsley.
6) When the avocados are cooked, remove them from the oven, sprinkle them with the chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve as a side with grilled fish or chicken, perfect for the BBQ season!